Marathon Course Information
The Select Staffing Santa Barbara International Veterans Marathon offers an exceptionally scenic, fresh course with uniquely Californian vistas of mountains and sea. Elite and casual runners alike will appreciate an optimal mix of flat, rolling and downhill segments, with only one major half-mile climb before a two-mile descent to the Pacific Ocean. The course winds through Santa Barbara’s picturesque semi-rural suburbs and finishes in the heart of one of the West’s most charming resort towns, treating participants to a quintessentially coastal Californian race experience.
We are proud to have Virtual Race Bags this year! NO MORE PLASTIC! NO MORE PAPER!! You will BRING YOUR OWN BAG and receive Bib number with bag tag attached. Tear tag off your bib and attach to your BYOBag. There will be trucks at both the marathon and half marathon start for you to drop your clothing bags. Gear check bags will then be brought down to the finish line for retrieval.
The Official Apparel booth will also have cinch bags for sale for your convenience.
Click here to download the course map.
Click here to download the elevation profile.
Key Course Features:
· The Full Marathon, 26.2 mile point-to-point course starts at Dos Pueblos High School in the semi-rural city of Goleta, travels through scenic and diverse Santa Barbara neighborhoods, and finishes at Santa Barbara City College's (SBCC) La Playa Stadium in Santa Barbara.
· Water Stations** will be located at miles 1,3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18,19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
· Fluid** will be at miles 3, 6,11,15,18, 20, 23
· Aid Stations supplied with fluids, medical facilities and other amenities are positioned throughout the course to provide aid to runners during the race. Aids Stations will be at 9, 12, 17, 22, 23.7 & 26.2.
· The most significant hill on the course is a half-mile segment between miles 23 and 24, climbing an elevation of approximately 170 feet.
- Clocks will be located at the start, 13.1mi, 20mi and the finish.
- All finishers receive a beautiful finisher medal!
· The course closes 6 hours after the official start and the finish area facilities close at 1:30 p.m.
· No baby joggers, pets, in-line skates, bicycles or other wheeled vehicles, or guest runners will be allowed on the course.
** All Water, Fluid Performance, Clif Shots, Medical Stations and Marborg Portables are located on the right hand side of the road.
For more information about Clif products, please visit their web site at http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_shot_electrolyte/
For more information about Fluid Performance Drink and other Fluid products, please visit their website at www.livefluid.com/Products/Performance