½ Marathon Course information
The Select Staffing Santa Barbara International ½ Marathon offers an exceptionally scenic, fresh course with uniquely Californian vistas of mountains and sea. Elite and casual runners alike will appreciate an optimal mix of flat, rolling and downhill segments, with only one major half-mile climb before a two-mile descent to the Pacific Ocean and Santa Barbara City College's (SBCC) La Playa Stadium Track finish. The course winds through Santa Barbara’s picturesque semi-rural suburbs and finishes in the heart of one of the West’s most charming resort towns, treating participants to a quintessentially coastal Californian race experience.
We are proud to have Virtual Race Bags this year! NO MORE PLASTIC! You will BRING YOUR OWN BAG and receive a tag that you write your Bib number on to zip tie to it. There will be trucks at both the marathon and half marathon start for you to drop your clothing bags. Gear check bags will then be brought down to the finish line for retrieval.
Click here to download the course map.
Click here to download the elevation profile.
Key Course Features:
· The 13.1 mile point-to-point course starts at the Page Youth Center, 4540 Hollister Ave, Santa Barbara, CA 93110 and meets up with the marathon course at San Simeon Rd and the Bike Path.
· Clif Shot will be available at mile 6
· Aid Stations supplied with fluids, medical facilities and other amenities are positioned throughout the course to provide aid to runners during the race. Aids Stations will be at miles 3.9, 8.9, 10.6, 13.1
· The most significant hill on the course is a half-mile segment between miles 10 and 11, climbing an elevation of approximately 170 feet.
· The course closes 6 1/4hours after the official start and the finish area facilities close at 1:30 p.m.
** All Water, Fluid Performance, Clif Shot, Medical Stations and Marborg Portables are located on the right hand side of the road.
No baby joggers, pets, in-line skates, bicycles or other wheeled vehicles, or guest runners will be allowed on the course.
For more information about Clif products, please visit their website at http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_shot_electrolyte/
For mor information about Fluid Performance and other Fluid products, please visit their website at http://www.livefluid.com
Please join us on race day, Saturday, November 9th, 2013 click here to register today!
Registration is final and there will be no refunds or transfers
The Select Staffing Santa Barbara Half Marathon participates in the California Half Marathon Series